Thursday 5 March 2009

Scrapping her Boys

This months featured scrapper is Julie Takacs our scrap the boys winner from Januarys challenge...
Hi, I’m Julie. I’m married to John and have 2 boys, Jordan 14yrs & Ethan 10yrs and 1 girl, Kiara 7yrs. We live at Kariong on the beautiful Central Coast of NSW.

I’ve been scrapbooking since about 2000 and absolutely love it! I do something scrap-related almost everyday. It’s become an important part of my life, for both the creativity and preserving memories for my family. My kids are my main scrapping subjects but I also try and do a few pages here and there on myself, my hubby and other extended family members. I love taking photos and use a Canon 30D DSLR.

I’m not really sure what my style is as it tends to change from layout to layout. I love patterned paper and using mostly neutral coloured cardstock. I also love chipboard, felt, flowers, Thickers alphas, stitching and ink and I have a thing for scallops at the moment. I also try to include some handwritten journalling on each layout. I usually do 12x12’s but have started getting into mini albums as they are quick and easy and are perfect for using up scraps.

I love browsing magazines, websites, galleries and blogs for inspiration and am looking forward to completing more challenges on the Scrap the Boys blog.

4 comments:

Anne P said...

This is a great LO. I love the colours and the subtle flowers.

Peta said...

Great to get to know you Julie - love seeing your pages on here :)

Sharon said...

Yay Julie!! Wonderful layout.

Taryn said...

Your work is beautiful Julie. Thanks for sharing your story.